How do I collect my COVID-19 Test Home Collection Kit DTC sample from home?
¿Prefiera Español? Vea nuestro video instructivo aquí.
Like our other products, the Everlywell COVID-19 Test Home Collection Kit DTC will come with everything you need to collect a sample at home (generally in five minutes or less) and safely ship your sample to a CLIA-certified laboratory.
You will use the provided materials to collect a lower nasal sample using a swab. The swab tip does not need to be inserted far—only about an inch into the front part of your nostril. Please refer to our video and print instructions for more information.
- Write your full name, date of birth (DOB), and date of collection on your identifier sticker. Please print clearly.
- Make sure that you information matches what you use to register your kit.
- Place the sticker with your full name, DOB, and collection date on the collection tube.
If you are under 18, please ask your parent or guardian for assistance with the packaging and return shipment of your specimen.
- Do not cover the barcode sticker already on the tube.
- Do not pour the liquid out of the tube.
In order to get your sample to our labs as quickly as possible, we provide a prepaid UPS shipping label. Samples must be collected and returned to a UPS drop box the same day, Monday through Friday, and before the carrier’s last pickup time for the day.
You can find drop box locations on the UPS website.
YOUR SAMPLE WILL BE REJECTED IF:
- The swab is not in the tube with the saline solution.
- The tube is not sealed and in the biohazard bag.
- The kit is not registered or if the ID sticker is not filled out and affixed to your sample tube.
- The sample is mailed on Saturday or Sunday, or after the last pickup of the day. Do not deliver your test sample to a drop box on the weekend.
- The sample is scheduled for UPS pickup or is dropped off at a store location.
- The sample expires before the lab is able to process it (5-7 days from collection).
Results are typically available within 24-48 hours after the lab begins processing the sample. All labs processing COVID-19 tests are operating Monday-Saturday. You will receive an email when your results are ready.
You can find more information on our blog as well as safety tips for COVID-19 prevention and treatment here.