How to collect my ADx 100 blood sample (with video)
Collecting a blood sample for your Everlywell test kit is simple. Blood collection instructions vary by test, so please make sure to follow the appropriate instructions for any tests you are taking that use the ADx 100 card.
- Go to everlywell.com/register to register your kit. The lab cannot process your sample unless you register your kit. The first and last name on your sample card must match the name you used to register.
- Write your name, date of birth, and collection date on the card. The lab cannot process your sample if this step is skipped.
- Important: Some tests that require this type of sample collection also require fasting. Please refer to your instructions and plan accordingly.
- Prep your space. Open the gauze pad and bandage. Pull out your collection card and locate the collection square on the left. You will only drop blood on the square on the left when you collect.
- It's essential to get your blood flowing before you collect. Do this by warming your hands with hot water, and then shaking them at your sides.
- Find a spot on the right or left side of your ring finger. Clean the area using the alcohol prep pad. Let alcohol dry for one minute. Twist the top of the lancet to open it.
- The lancet will only puncture once. Place your finger against a firm surface and press lancet against fingertip until you hear a loud click. Use gauze to remove the first blood drop
- Drip 4-7 large free-falling drops into the collection square on the left. Do not touch or tap on the collection card with your finger. Let blood drip from your finger, about 10 seconds between drops.
- Blood dropped on the collection square on the left will soak through and expand into the rectangle on the right.
- Do not drop blood directly onto the right rectangle. Apply bandage to your finger when finished with collection.
Properly Collected Specimen:
- Once blood expands to the first line on the right-hand side of the card, let the sample card dry on a flat surface until completely dry (at least 30 minutes and up to a few hours)
- Put the card in blood sample return bag and leave the preservative packet inside the bag.
- Place blood sample return bag into the box. Place the box into the return envelope and apply the prepaid return label to the front.
- Drop blood onto collection square on the left. Blood will expand naturally into the rectangle on the right. Blood must reach the designated line on the right. It can take time for the blood to cross the line, be patient.
- Drip 4-5 large free-falling drops of blood on the left square. Wait about 10-seconds between each drop of blood. Do not touch the card.
- Do not add blood to the right side of the card.
- Let your sample card dry for at least 30 minutes (and up to a few hours) before packaging it up.
- Do not use heat to assist in drying.
- Some tests that require this type of sample collection also require fasting. Please refer to your instructions and plan accordingly.
- Please Note - Under no circumstances should you use materials other than the lancets included in your test kit. If you require additional lancets or assistance with your collection, please contact our Customer Experience Team.