What will the Lyme results tell me?
Your test will be resulted as “Positive” or “Negative”. There are a few things to clarify with regards to what a “Positive” test result means.
- A positive test result means that you tested positive for a prior exposure to Borrelia.
- You can only get a “Positive” result if you tested positive for two separate lab evaluations: the first test is the screening test (EIA) and second test the confirmatory test (Immunoblot).
- Treatment for Borrelia is recommended for individuals who meet two other criteria:
- They are symptomatic at the time of a positive test
- They have traveled to an area where these ticks live