I'm having trouble drawing blood from my finger. What should I do?
Please follow these additional collection tips to ensure that your sample will be sufficient for processing:
- Many find it helpful to have someone assist them in the collection process.
- Drink plenty of water prior to collecting your sample to ensure that you're hydrated.
- Ensure that your hands are warm by thoroughly rinsing your hands in warm water or showering. If you have calluses on your fingers, we suggest soaking your hands in warm water to soften the skin before collection.
- Promote adequate blood flood by swinging your arms by your side or by exercising beforehand.
- The best site for a finger puncture is just off the center of the finger pad. The tip of the finger should be avoided.
- Make sure to place your finger on a firm surface, like a countertop or kitchen counter, to ensure that you get the proper depth when activating the safety lancet.
- Once your finger is punctured, wipe away the first drop of blood.
- If you find that a drop is not forming, it's helpful to promote blood flow by massaging from your wrist down to your fingertip.
- The additional lancets can be used if needed but it's recommended to choose a different finger.
- If your blood collection card has outlined circles, each drop should fill at least 75% of the collection circle area. See example images:
ADX 100 Collection Tips:
- Drop blood onto collection square on the left. Blood will expand naturally into the rectangle on the right. Blood must reach the designated line on the right. It can take time for the blood to cross the line, be patient.
- Drip 4-7 large free-falling drops of blood on the left square. Wait about 10-seconds between each drop of blood. Do not touch the card.
- Do not add blood to the right side of the card.
- Let your sample card dry for at least 30 minutes (and up to a few hours) before packaging it up.
Please Note - Under no circumstances should you use materials other than the lancets included in your test kit. If you require additional lancets or assistance with your collection, please contact our team by emailing [email protected]