How to collect my blood spot sample (with video)
Collecting a blood sample for your Everlywell test kit is simple. Blood collection instructions vary by test, so please make sure to follow the appropriate instructions for any tests you are taking that require blood spot samples.
For detailed blood collection instructions and guidance on your specific test, please refer to the respective test pages:
- Indoor & Outdoor Allergen Test
- Food Sensitivity Test
- Food Sensitivity Comprehensive Test
- STD Tests - Female / Male
- Women's Health Test
- Food Allergy Test
By following the provided instructions, you can ensure accurate and reliable results from your Everlywell test.
Properly Collected Specimen:
- Drink plenty of water prior to collecting your sample to ensure that you're hydrated.
- Ensure that your hands are warm by thoroughly rinsing your hands in warm water or showering. If you have calluses on your fingers, we suggest soaking your hands in warm water to soften the skin before collection.
- Promote adequate blood flow by swinging your arms by your side or by exercising beforehand.
- Many find it helpful to have someone assist them in the collection process.
- Once your finger is punctured, wipe away the first drop of blood.
- If you find that a drop is not forming, it's helpful to promote blood flow by massaging from your wrist down to your fingertip.
- The additional lancets can be used if needed but it's recommended to choose a different finger.
What not to do:
- Do not rub or smear (allow full drops to form and gently fall onto the paper).
- Do not allow multiple drops in the same circle (no overlapping).
- Do not use heat to assist drying.
- Please Note - Under no circumstances should you use materials other than the lancets included in your test kit. If you require additional lancets or assistance with your collection, please contact our Customer Experience Team.